There are many types of paints available in the market today that vary in their base, from water-soluble to oil. Each type of paint is used for a different purpose. Some are used indoors while others are used for exterior walls. Some of the paints have a matte finish while others have a glossy one. One of the most commonly used types of paint is latex. It is used for various purposes including painting interior walls.
Below are a few reasons Surrey painters recommend using latex paints:
1. Latex paints are made from a water-soluble base. This makes them easy to clean up by just using a sponge and soapy water. Hence, latex paints offer low maintenance and thus can be used in high traffic areas.
2. These paints are made from non-toxic materials and this makes them suitable for families. They also do not have any strong odor like other paints usually do. Oil-based paints have a distinctive odor that can linger on for a few days after application. Compared to other types of paints, latex paint easily dries up in a lesser time period.
3. Another benefit of using latex paints is that they are not flammable. Most of the paints consist of solvents that catch fire easily and this can be very dangerous. Apart from that latex paints can easily be disposed of. On the other hand it can be difficult to dispose other types of paints especially those that are oil based.
4. Latex paints are also eco-friendly. Since they can easily be disposed of as regular waste material, they are not dangerous as opposed to other types of paints. However, oil-based paints can be made less hazardous to the environment if they are reprocessed and recycled as per the rules of the recycling center.
5. It is easily available in a variety of grades, finishes, and colors. Here grades mean the quality of the paint which greatly affects the price. The finish means the quantity of shine and gloss once the latex has dried. This paint tends to have a superior gloss as compared to other paints. If there is more gloss, it can be difficult to apply the paint in an even layer.
These are some of the advantages of using latex paint and are the main reasons Surrey painters recommend using it instead of oil-based paints.